I did it!

My goal was to finish the triathlon and I did it. Camille is now almost seven months old and since my recovery with her my body has been craving exercise, so I needed something to strive for. My wonderful sister puts on a triathlon for her stake each May so I aimed for that, and along the way recruited some friends.
I did some training and committed to it, not worrying about time just doing it for myself. It was great to be competing in races again, but my body was not what it used to be, it is on its way though! It was the first time I ever tried to really swim in a race, let's just say I have a lot more respect for swimmers now. The run was a tough hill course and I wasn't feeling to great and wasn't to proud of my time (even though I said I wasn't going to worry about time I knew what I used to run in high school and I wasn't anywhere near that.) Then the bike ride was a fun, nice course, but I never found that second wind. Later that day I got a full blown stomach flu, so that probably had a lot to do with it. At least I was still able to compete before I got too sick. So I accomplished my goal. Next year, I will set the bar higher for myself.


I was definantly having flashbacks to my first triathlon when I was like 10 and I did it with my dad and my brother David and our friends the Christensen's.

2 comments:

Holley Williamson said...

thanks for recruiting me!

Marla said...

Go Shauna, I was so proud.